Sunday 25 February 2007

The World

Lately, I have been toying with the idea of making my blog like a travelogue atleast until it hit me that I haven't really been anywhere for me to write my impressions of. I suppose I have been far enough to write some stuff but enough to make a whole blog on it - I am not so sure. But now I feel that maybe it doesnt have to be that I have been there. It could be that I have heard something about it or something like that.

We were talking about going on exchange the other day and one of my classmates, Alona was suddenly very taken with the idea of going on GLOBE. In the GLOBE program one gets to go to Hong Kong for a few months and then to North Carolina for another couple of months, hence the name. And I was discussing my options. Lately, I feel as if the world has opened up for me. I want to go everywhere and see everything. Even on those non-luxury holidays which is definitely a first for me. Trekking through Patagonia, or climbing some mountain somewhere is as good as lying on beach getting a massage.

I wish I had a job that involved travelling to different countries like the hosts on Globetrekker. They seem to have a good enough time I suppose. Visiting the whole world. Its not really that big a place and I have realized it doesnt have to be big to be different. Even a small country like Denmark can have diversity, albeit very little diversity but diversity nonetheless. I want to see this small/big world.

No comments: